none
what do i do

Question

• I have a lenevo idapad i posted yesterday about how it basically crashed so today i got operating system recovery discs from lenevo to wipe my computer and get it back to factory setting i uploaded the info it was looking good then it just kept rebooting. Now i have a error that say

windows could not parse or process unattend answer file [C:windows\panther\unattend.xml] for pass [auditUSer]. The settings specified in the answer file cannot be applied. The error was detected[ Microsoft-Windows-Deployment]

what do i do? 

Monday, October 14, 2013 7:41 PM

Answers

• If you are using the WIM file from the recovery disk, note that the file has been already modified by the OEM. Therefore, you can't modify the file again.

Balaji Kundalam

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 9:52 AM
  • Hi,

According to the problem description, I know this is an OEM computer comes from Lenovo. Please understand that the OEM version of the Operating System and applications on your computer are highly customized by the original computer manufacturer, Microsoft has less information regarding this disk.

Based on the current situation, you’d better to contact the laptop manufacturer directly to consult the issue. In this way, your issue can be fixed efficiently.

Lenovo Support

http://support.lenovo.com/en_SG/

Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, October 17, 2013 2:10 AM

All replies

• If you are using the WIM file from the recovery disk, note that the file has been already modified by the OEM. Therefore, you can't modify the file again.

Balaji Kundalam

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 9:52 AM
  • Hi,

According to the problem description, I know this is an OEM computer comes from Lenovo. Please understand that the OEM version of the Operating System and applications on your computer are highly customized by the original computer manufacturer, Microsoft has less information regarding this disk.

Based on the current situation, you’d better to contact the laptop manufacturer directly to consult the issue. In this way, your issue can be fixed efficiently.

Lenovo Support

http://support.lenovo.com/en_SG/

Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, October 17, 2013 2:10 AM