none
User Name Changes after Logging in to Power BI

Question

• Hello. When I log in to my Power BI site with a test user that I have set up, that user's name will appear at the top right of the screen. When I choose the Sites option just to the left of where the user name appears, I am taken to the Sites page, where a different user name appears. When I click on the Team Site tile and taken to the Team Site page, the initial user name then re-appears.

I don't know what the implications are but I thought I would report this. If I am not reporting this in the correct place, please tell me where I should do this.

Regards

Arthur Jenkins

Friday, September 20, 2013 4:02 AM

Answers

• Hello Arthur,

Thanks for your feedback. I will transfer the issue onward for investigation. May I ask what is the "different user name" that appears? Is it the user name of another user you created or your administrator user name?

Thanks,
    Yael

Saturday, September 21, 2013 12:53 PM

All replies

• Hello Arthur,

Thanks for your feedback. I will transfer the issue onward for investigation. May I ask what is the "different user name" that appears? Is it the user name of another user you created or your administrator user name?

Thanks,
    Yael

Saturday, September 21, 2013 12:53 PM
  • Hi Yael. Thank you for your reply. Although the issue that I describe is only happening intermittently, it is the administrator's user name that is appearing. I realized that it was happening only because there is a section directly beneath the Team Site and Public Site tiles that reads:

Sites I'm Following.

Under that heading there is a link to the site that the user is following. But the link wasn't there, which is when I noticed that the user name at the top right of the screen was no longer the name of the user that was logged in, but rather the name of the administrator (which is the only other user set up at this point).

Please let me know if I can provide you with any additional information.

Regards

Arthur Jenkins

Saturday, September 21, 2013 9:26 PM