Broadcom Advanced Control Suite (BACS) Support for 2012 R2 Std. RTM

Question

• Hi,

has anyone the BACS running on 2012 R2 RTM?
    It´s ridiculous, Windows is RTM and Broadcom, Dell, IBM or HP have any working Drivers for Windows 2012 R2 RTM.

I Need BACS to configure my iSCSI NIC´s, after i start BACS at the systemtray i received the following error message.

This happens on Std. RTM and on Data Center Preview

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:                        APPCRASH
      Application Name:                             Bacs.exe
      Application Version:                           15.6.31.0
      Application Timestamp:                     514241c0
      Fault Module Name:                          Bacs.exe
      Fault Module Version:                        15.6.31.0
      Fault Module Timestamp:                  514241c0
      Exception Code:                                  c0000005
      Exception Offset:                                0000000000534aa7
      OS Version:                                          6.3.9600.2.0.0.272.7
      Locale ID:                                             1031
      Additional Information 1:                  5cd5
      Additional Information 2:                  5cd5236b1870aade913c14e046bd5fde
      Additional Information 3:                  aebd
      Additional Information 4:                  aebd21475be807a5465cd8a7c8f3cac0

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 8:12 AM

Answers

• RTM stands for Release **TO** Manufacturers.

In other words, of course manufacturers don't have drivers when an OS goes RTM. They just *got* the OS so they can finalize their drivers.  There is a legitimate reason Microsoft holds a different date (GA) for end-users to get the OS, and why the OS was not initially made available on TechNet or MSDN, and is still not available to VL customers.

Microsoft was basically forced to backtrack on making the OS available so IT Pros can get a jump on migration plans and developers can finalize their apps, but both TechNet and MSDN are *not* for production use. So for right now, *nobody* should be installing 2012 R2 in production. There is no legal way to do so. And, of course, drivers are not ready yet. This is to be expected.

Patience. Most of the big companies will be listing what hardware they have tested and support in 2012 R2 and have drivers for soon. In most cases, they will intentionally hold off until GA day, and a few will even be shortly after GA. So look for your BACS situation to change mid-October.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 5:29 PM

All replies

• RTM stands for Release **TO** Manufacturers.

In other words, of course manufacturers don't have drivers when an OS goes RTM. They just *got* the OS so they can finalize their drivers.  There is a legitimate reason Microsoft holds a different date (GA) for end-users to get the OS, and why the OS was not initially made available on TechNet or MSDN, and is still not available to VL customers.

Microsoft was basically forced to backtrack on making the OS available so IT Pros can get a jump on migration plans and developers can finalize their apps, but both TechNet and MSDN are *not* for production use. So for right now, *nobody* should be installing 2012 R2 in production. There is no legal way to do so. And, of course, drivers are not ready yet. This is to be expected.

Patience. Most of the big companies will be listing what hardware they have tested and support in 2012 R2 and have drivers for soon. In most cases, they will intentionally hold off until GA day, and a few will even be shortly after GA. So look for your BACS situation to change mid-October.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 5:29 PM
  • same problem app crash 15.6.31.0 , I did check dell support website and did not find new version

I check http://www.broadcom.com/support/license.php?file=NXII/BASP_BACS_Mgnt_apps_x86_64-15.6.6.6.zip it is not getting install saying not supported

I have installed 2012 R2 GA , now I am afraid I will reinstall 2012 :(

thanks,

Sunday, October 20, 2013 9:53 AM