none
Creating a User Specific Favorite feature within Sharepoint List

Question

• Hello

Any insight/help on how I can create a personalized Favorite list based on who is logged on Sharepoint 2010.

Currently,  I have a Report List which has 300+ report entries with links to reports. I want the user to create a personal list of favorite reports and only show each user their favorites using their login user name.  I would like the user to click on a report entry and add a link to their favorite list as well as delete it when not needed.

Is there a way to do in without deploying packages/features (do not have access to Sharepoint server as a system administrator). I was hoping I could do it using Java Script. If not, maybe using a sandboxed solution.

Any insight/examples/site which do this would be helpful.

Thanks

Thursday, October 10, 2013 1:18 AM

Answers

• Assuming that your timerjobs are working, you could set up a view filtered for each user (filter using [me]) and add the Ratings Column to the list.  Modify the view to sort on the highest rating and show them how to use it.  You'll then have a list that sorts for each ID by their own ratings.
    Sunday, October 13, 2013 9:23 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

you can create a links list available in sharepoint OOB. And filter the default view by "Created by" =[Me]. So only the links created by him will be visible. Hope it helps !

Thanks Santhosh V

• Proposed as answer by santhoshv Thursday, October 10, 2013 5:21 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Steven AndrewsEditor Sunday, October 13, 2013 9:20 PM
    Thursday, October 10, 2013 8:45 AM
  • Thanks Santhosh. I have to create a unique key based on report Id and user and I cannot seem to create a calculated column which includes Modified or Created User.

Thursday, October 10, 2013 6:07 PM
  • Assuming that your timerjobs are working, you could set up a view filtered for each user (filter using [me]) and add the Ratings Column to the list.  Modify the view to sort on the highest rating and show them how to use it.  You'll then have a list that sorts for each ID by their own ratings.
    Sunday, October 13, 2013 9:23 PM
    Answerer