none
setup Go to URL at text box property to pdf location

Question

• Hi There,

I have reporting service report developed which has referenceKey to network pdf file location, for example,

\\123.456.78.90\pdffolder\referenceKey.pdf

referenceKey has value like 23243, 43433, 54544, I would like user to click the key, then it will pass that key with .pdf extension as well as location of network.

I thought Go To URL should do it, but I could not get to work.

="\\123.45.67.8\pdffolder\"&Fields!Key.value&".pdf"

Any advice?

Don

• Edited by Dz0001 Thursday, September 26, 2013 9:40 PM
    Thursday, September 26, 2013 9:36 PM

All replies

• I think I got these working, however I do have another question, there are two network folders to store thess pdf files,

how do I say, if no pdf file find out at first location, just go to another one?

Don

Thursday, September 26, 2013 10:34 PM
  • Hi Don,

Thank you for your question. 

I am trying to involve someone more familiar with this topic for a further look at this issue. Sometime delay might be expected from the job transferring. Your patience is greatly appreciated. 

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,
    Charlie Liao

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, September 30, 2013 9:46 AM
  • Hi,

You can refer to this thread: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/965f577d-d039-4ef4-ab22-0af61a59aca7/how-to-check-for-file-exists-on-remote-server-in-ssrs-2008

Regards,
    Christian HL
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, September 30, 2013 9:57 AM