none
when raid 6 computer is not starting and I make an image of them trough enclosure ,wil give the same image result as when you make this image from its raid6 computer

Question

• hi,

I am going to ask this question in onother way,

if raid 6 controller is damaged which has 4 disks or some other reason is not starting ,can I then with  attaching those disks to enclosure make an image of this 4 raid disks to recocer data,  when  it is hard needed.

I mean when attaching this 4 disks(raid6)to enclosure and making an image of it , wil give the same  image result as its  Original raid 6 in healty computer?

johan

h.david

Saturday, June 14, 2014 9:05 PM

Answers

• I'd probably ask in data recovery company software vendor's forums.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Saturday, June 14, 2014 11:47 PM

All replies

• I'd say its doubtful.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAID

but you might ask them here.

http://www.seagate.com/tech-insights/raid-data-recovery-master-ti/

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Saturday, June 14, 2014 11:16 PM
  • thanks,

I was thinking myself also

raid in hardware level is working on hardware controller unit which controls those hard disks  , so if I make an image of those raids disks seperately ,they wil be not recognized as a whole disk on my extern drive. but the man I talked yesterday from data recovery company he sayed to me that is possible to make an image of those raid disks through enclosure and then recover data from it. when the computer is not starting.

the link you advised me  seagate.com  ect. is not functioning.

thanks very much

johan 

h.david

Saturday, June 14, 2014 11:36 PM
  • I'd probably ask in data recovery company software vendor's forums.

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Saturday, June 14, 2014 11:47 PM