none
promote messageType in exception block

Question

• Hi !

I want to promote in BizTalk the message type of the message (XMLDocument) in the context properties , so the message can be picked-up by another orchestration through Message Box ( direct binding) . Works fine , the only problem is that  , when I have an exception , I want to still post the message to the Message Box , through the same port - I have a similar send shape in the exception block . In this case , the message type is not promoted and the message is suspended with the 'Routing failure' error (no subscribers because there is no MessageType promoted ) . Any idea , is this a bug ?  Thanks a lot

Sunday, December 08, 2013 2:46 PM

Answers

• For the error case, you would need to subscribe to:

ErrorReport.MessageType

which is promoted on messages submitted with Failed Message Routing.  All normal properties are un-Promoted to prevent unwanted routing of erroring messages.

• Marked as answer by CezarBotezatu Sunday, December 08, 2013 3:12 PM
    Sunday, December 08, 2013 2:55 PM

All replies

ErrorReport.MessageType

which is promoted on messages submitted with Failed Message Routing.  All normal properties are un-Promoted to prevent unwanted routing of erroring messages.

• Marked as answer by CezarBotezatu Sunday, December 08, 2013 3:12 PM
    Sunday, December 08, 2013 2:55 PM

ErrorReport.MessageType

Good one , thanks ,  I'll give it a try this way also ,  but I still want to get to the bottom of this issue because I want to still be able to promote the message type - perhaps I'm doing something wrong ( but I have a similar shapes in the normal section as in the exception section and I was hopping those two to perform similar - still no message type on the exception branch promoted)
    Sunday, December 08, 2013 3:17 PM
  • Sorry , my bad , the message type can be promoted also in an exception shape using a correlation token . The problem was that the subscriber orchestration was looking for another promoted property that was not promoted by me ...  Thanks to all !

Sunday, December 08, 2013 10:18 PM