none
Router Confiuration can ping the gateway but nothing past the gatway.

Question

• Does anyone have any suggestons?  Our client hae a SBS2011 Server and wanted to activate Exchange Server.  Previously the client was using a domestic comcast modem to the Internet which was connected to a Cisco ASA5500.  The  DHCP was running on the ASA.

They upgraded to a Comcast Business Line fore  a static IP Address.  Made the changes from DHCP to the Static IP address on the ASA5500.  Ran the Connect Internet Wizard.  It all went through great.  The only issue is I cannot connect to the Internet.

From the ASA550 I can ping the external IP address and the gateway but I cannot get past the gateway. 

Does anyone have any Ideas?  I appreciate your help.

Thank you,

BNW

Bonnie Whalon

Friday, October 05, 2012 2:16 AM

Answers

• The Gateway was not configured on the router. 

Thank you for your help.

Bonnie Whalon

• Marked as answer by bwhalon Tuesday, October 09, 2012 12:40 PM
    Tuesday, October 09, 2012 12:39 PM

All replies

• This sounds more like an issue with the routers/gateway devices. You should contact Comcast first to check that the configuration is correct.

A quick test with a static IP connected laptop/pc will help you determine where the issue lies.

Regards, Boon Tee - PowerBiz Solutions, Australia - http://blog.powerbiz.net.au

Friday, October 05, 2012 5:30 AM
  • Agree with Boon, it can't really be anything other than the router. Either routing out to the internet, or the allowing of ICMP packets back in.

Jim

Friday, October 05, 2012 6:59 AM
  • The Gateway was not configured on the router. 

Thank you for your help.

Bonnie Whalon

• Marked as answer by bwhalon Tuesday, October 09, 2012 12:40 PM
    Tuesday, October 09, 2012 12:39 PM