none
How to change user record in Service Manager

Question

• What is the simplest way to change the user record in service manager?

I would like to display name to include the domain on few users.  In the console it seems like these fields are greyed out and un editable.

Thanks Lance

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 3:36 PM

Answers

• You can do this with some SCSM powershell

Get-SCClassInstance -class (Get-SCClass -name 'System.User') | Where-Object {$_.UserName -eq "<username>"} | %{$_.DisplayName = "<new displayname>";$_} |Update-SCClassInstance

Just replace the <username> with appropiate username and <displayname> with the new displayname.

Thursday, September 05, 2013 8:21 AM
  • This Information is synced by the AD connector. You can modify the field as Thomas mentioned above. But I am not sure if this will be overwritten by the AD Connector in the next sync.

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

Thursday, September 05, 2013 11:59 AM

All replies

• You can do this with some SCSM powershell

Get-SCClassInstance -class (Get-SCClass -name 'System.User') | Where-Object {$_.UserName -eq "<username>"} | %{$_.DisplayName = "<new displayname>";$_} |Update-SCClassInstance

Just replace the <username> with appropiate username and <displayname> with the new displayname.

Thursday, September 05, 2013 8:21 AM
  • This Information is synced by the AD connector. You can modify the field as Thomas mentioned above. But I am not sure if this will be overwritten by the AD Connector in the next sync.

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

Thursday, September 05, 2013 11:59 AM
  • Thanks Guys,   I will give that a try.   I am not certain why it has to be that difficult.   It should be changeable on the form I showed above.

Thanks Lance

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 1:50 PM
  • I was able to change the record with the powershell script but the active directory connector did change it back.

This is a pain since we have users in multiple domains and where hoping to add domainName\username in for the displayname.

Thanks Lance

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 11:30 PM