none
Windows 8 and Server 2003 R2

Question

• Installed windows 8 on client computer.  Windows 2003 R2 Server.

Windows 8 security demands that computer is Trusted for Delegation.  Have Administrative rights, checked off Trusted for Delegation for both User and Computer, and have even added a specific Rights assignment to computer, but the client computer still returns an error, requiring Trusted for Delegation.

Does not allow access to Credentials Manager, which in turn forces many programs - most notably Outlook to run as Administrator which then prohibits Instant Search, Send to operations, etc.

Sunday, February 03, 2013 6:38 PM

Answers

• Hi:

This forum is  specifically for Small Business Server so you may want to try a Windows Server forum.  Having said that, is the Windows 8 version Pro? How did you join it to the domain?  What version of Outlook?   If 2013 where is it looking for the exchange mail?

Larry Struckmeyer[SBS-MVP]

Monday, February 04, 2013 12:28 AM

All replies

• Hi:

This forum is  specifically for Small Business Server so you may want to try a Windows Server forum.  Having said that, is the Windows 8 version Pro? How did you join it to the domain?  What version of Outlook?   If 2013 where is it looking for the exchange mail?

Larry Struckmeyer[SBS-MVP]

Monday, February 04, 2013 12:28 AM
  • Yes, Windows 8 Pro

Joined to domain simply by logging in as normal - domain\user name

Outlook 2010.

Although I have an exchange set-up, I don't use it - simply for POP mail, plus one IMAP account with my Apple.me account.

I'll re-post in Windows Server, but if you have any other direction, much appreciated!

Monday, February 04, 2013 2:39 PM
  • What's the exact error message?  As there's SBS 2003 folks with Win8
    that haven't reported this.

Monday, February 04, 2013 10:00 PM