none
Exchange 2013 Test-OutlookWebServices requires MailboxCredential parameter for Autodiscover: Outlook Provider to succeed

Question

• With Exchange 2013 shell when executing "Test-OutlookWebServices" I have to supply the -MailboxCredential  parameter in order for the "Autodiscover: Outlook Provider" to return success. E.g.

Test-OutlookWebServices -clientaccessserver ex2013 -identity asenna@test.lab -MailboxCredential (get-credential test\asenna)

If I change the MailboxCredential  to an that of an Exchange Administrator then the "Autodiscover: Outlook Provider" will return Failure.

Running the command on an Exchange 2010 server for a 2010 mailbox does not require the MailboxCredential  parameter and always succeeds.

Why the change for 2013?

Alan

• Edited by m3driver Saturday, August 03, 2013 10:44 PM
    Saturday, August 03, 2013 10:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on my experience, it will be more efficient to test web services by directly accessing their urls via IE.

Thanks,

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsfl@microsoft.com

Simon Wu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, August 05, 2013 7:53 AM
  • Hello!

"it will be more efficient to test web services by directly accessing their urls via IE." - so the answer is "Don't use Test-OutlookWebServices"?

And  there's not explanation to "Why the change for 2013?"?

Regards,

Michael

• Edited by MF47 Wednesday, November 27, 2013 12:27 PM typo
    Wednesday, November 27, 2013 12:26 PM
  • Allow me to to translate for you Michael.  "it will be more efficient to test web services by directly accessing their urls via IE." means "We don't give a crap about on premise Exchange 2013 because we're pouring all of our resources in to office365"
    Tuesday, July 08, 2014 8:35 PM