none
MDT 2012 "Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON"

Question

• I am moving off mdt 2010  and going to MDT 2012 with database integration.  I have set up the database to use names pipes and granted the MDT user DB_datareader rights.  I have created the needed share and have the following in my cs.ini

[CSettings]
    SQLServer=xxxxxxxx
    Database=MDT_Test
    Netlib=DBNMPNTW
    SQLShare=test$
    Table=ComputerSettings
    Parameters=UUID, AssetTag, SerialNumber, MacAddress
    ParameterCondition=OR

In the bdd.log you can see it successfully connects to the share, but then errors out connecting to the database using the ANONYMOUS LOGON. 

<![LOG[Found Existing UNC Path Y:  = \\xxxxxxxx\test$]LOG]!><time="21:42:28.000+000" date="10-29-2012" component="ZTIGather" context="" type="1" thread="" file="ZTIGather">
    <![LOG[Successfully established connection using supplied credentials.]LOG]!><time="21:42:28.000+000" date="10-29-2012" component="ZTIGather" context="" type="1" thread="" file="ZTIGather">
    <![LOG[OPENING TRUSTED SQL CONNECTION to server xxxxxxx.]LOG]!><time="21:42:28.000+000" date="10-29-2012" component="ZTIGather" context="" type="1" thread="" file="ZTIGather">
    <![LOG[Connecting to SQL Server using connect string: Provider=SQLOLEDB;OLE DB Services=0;Data Source=xxxxxxx;Initial Catalog=mdt_Test;Network Library=DBMSSOCN;Integrated Security=SSPI]LOG]!><time="21:42:28.000+000" date="10-29-2012" component="ZTIGather" context="" type="1" thread="" file="ZTIGather">
    <![LOG[ZTI error opening SQL Connection: Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'

Does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 2:01 AM

All replies

• Anyone ever find a answer to this..?  How come when I finally find the same question and problem I'm looking for its always the one with no answer.!? Grr.. 
    Friday, June 28, 2013 8:46 PM
  • If you aren't using Integrated Windows Authentication on your SQL Server, then you need to specify DBID and DBPwd in your CustomSettings.ini so that it can authenticate.  The authentication to the SQL Share is completed using UserID / UserDomain / UserPassword for connecting to the Deployment Share (typically set in Bootstrap.ini or entered manually).  But without IWA on the SQL Server, you need to provide creds (via DBID / DBPwd) to actually open the database... and those creds must have been granted appropriate access inside the SQL Server to the MDT_DB database.

David Coulter | http://DCtheGeek.blogspot.com | @DCtheGeek

Friday, June 28, 2013 8:56 PM