none
How to deploy AD administrative tool in a win7 client for remote manage AD

Question

•  Dear all,

The issue comes from real working envirnment. I am a helpdesk and want to manage AD remotely.

My cilent is Windows 7 Enterprise version, 32 bit OS. It seems the Active Directory locates in a Windows 2003 Standard 

Edition SP2 Server. 

Thank you for any of your advice.

Franklin hong

Friday, April 04, 2014 5:07 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT) for Windows 7 can be downloaded from Microsoft's web site:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=...

After downloading and installing the tool on your Windows 7 computer, use the Turn Windows features on or off function to enable AD management tools.

1. From the Control Panel, click on Programs.
    2. Under Programs and Features, select Turn Windows features on or off.
    3. Under Remote Server Administration Tools > Role Administration Tools, select AD DS and AD LDS Tools.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deepak Kotian.

MCP, MCTS, MCITP Exchange 2010 Ent. Administrator

Disclaimer:Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!

All the opinions expressed here is mine. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no right

Friday, April 04, 2014 5:27 AM

All replies

• you can install RSAT 32 BIT EDITION

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=7887

Darshana Jayathilake

Friday, April 04, 2014 5:10 AM
  • Hi,

The Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT) for Windows 7 can be downloaded from Microsoft's web site:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=...

After downloading and installing the tool on your Windows 7 computer, use the Turn Windows features on or off function to enable AD management tools.

1. From the Control Panel, click on Programs.
    2. Under Programs and Features, select Turn Windows features on or off.
    3. Under Remote Server Administration Tools > Role Administration Tools, select AD DS and AD LDS Tools.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deepak Kotian.

Disclaimer:Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!

All the opinions expressed here is mine. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no right

Friday, April 04, 2014 5:27 AM
  • Hi ,

Have a look:

http://www.petri.co.il/remote-server-administration-tools-for-windows-7.htm

Regards,
    Rafic

If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote.
    If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer".
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!

Friday, April 04, 2014 6:09 AM
  •  Hi Kotian,

Thank you for your advice. I think your method will work so I mark your answer as most useful.

And I will try it in next Monday and give OK reply.

Franklin hong

Saturday, April 05, 2014 2:06 PM
  • Hi,

Anything updates?
    If you need further assistance, please feel free to let us know.

Best regards,

Susie

Monday, April 07, 2014 2:28 AM
  • Hi Susie,

I am in China, enjoy the day off for a Festival in today.

I will do the test in tomorrow & show a reply.

Thank you for your post.

Franklin hong

Monday, April 07, 2014 2:06 PM
  • Thank you Franklin....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deepak Kotian

Tuesday, April 08, 2014 5:29 AM
  • Hi Kotian,

Thank you very much.  Active Directory Users and Computers is back now.

But the running speed of AD tool is very slow and I can't add memeber into any mail list.

Do you know why?

Franklin hong

Tuesday, April 08, 2014 8:36 AM
  • Hi Susie,

Active Directory Users and Computers is back now. I can use it in my win7.

But the running speed of AD tool is very slow and I can't add memeber into any mail list.

The button of Add is gray. Do you know why?

And how to improve the speed of AD tool?

Thanks, 

Franklin hong

Tuesday, April 08, 2014 8:39 AM
  • Hi Franklin,

AD LDS tool is not having problem about slowness. May be you are facing communication problem between server and client (AD LDS) installed system. kindly verify the event log of client end system. If you get any error or warring msg. then plz post.

Deepak Kotian.

Tuesday, April 08, 2014 8:56 AM