The ActiveX Installer Service (AXIS) enables IT professionals to manage the deployment of ActiveX controls by using Group Policy on computers in an organization.
This action must be done by a member of the Administratorsgroup to modify Group Policy settings:
1. Click Start, type gpedit.mscin the Search programs and filesbox, and press ENTER to open the Local Group Policy Editor.
2. If the User Account Controldialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Yes.
3. In the console tree under Local Computer Policy\Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components, click ActiveX Installer Service.
4. In the details pane, right-click Approved Installation Sites for ActiveX Controls, and then click Editto open the policy setting.
5. In the Approved Installation Sites for ActiveX Controls dialog box, click Enabled, and then under Options, click Show.
6. In the Show Contentsdialog box, type the name for the URL where you want to allow ActiveX controls to be installed in the Value nametext box, and then type the values for the four ActiveX Installer Service host URL settings. When you add a URL, you can specify
comma-delimited values that detail the settings for the ActiveX Installer Service.
For more information, please refer to the following article:
Administering the ActiveX Installer Service in Windows 7
Microsoft is conducting an online survey to understand your opinion of the Technet Web site. If you choose to participate, the online survey will be presented to you when you leave the Technet Web site.