none
Windows 8 Activation error 0xC004F074

Question

• it says no KMS could be contacted

hey guys could you please help i have no idea what to do and i bought this laptop with windows 8 on it and it says i have to activate it and i have my 25 digit code but this shows up and i have no idea how to fix it.

thanks.

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 3:28 AM

All replies

• Hi,

it sounds like your laptop has a corporate Volume License edition of Windows.
    Did the laptop come with this already installed?
    If so, contact the reseller, since they have loaded the wrong edition of Windows.

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 7:48 AM
  • Hi,

This error code 0xC004F074 we see on KMS client.

So, check event viewer, Troubleshoot errors from each event ID 12288 associated with the activation attempt.

Regards, Ravikumar P

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 7:52 AM
  • my uncle bought this laptop for me. it came with windows 8 on it. but im not sure what type of windows 8.
    Wednesday, November 06, 2013 10:12 PM
  • how do i do this

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 10:13 PM
  • it says no KMS could be contacted

hey guys could you please help i have no idea what to do and i bought this laptop with windows 8 on it and it says i have to activate it and i have my 25 digit code but this shows up and i have no idea how to fix it.

thanks.

As Don suggested, make sure you have correct product key to Activate your Windows (check with the vendor to verify the product key)

Here's a way to activate to activate Windows 8, provided you have appropriate product key

Go to Run and type slui 3, OK (Press Windows key + R simultaneously or refer Where is the Run command?)

Enter Product key

Click on Activate.

Regards, Santosh

I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here, are my own and posted AS IS.

Thursday, November 07, 2013 6:57 AM