none
I had windows 8.1 but want to go back to windows 8 with clean install"the product key entered does not match any of the windows image available"

Question

• I had windows 8.1 and wanted to revert to windows 8 so i by mistake formatted the c:/ drive containing os and now when i try to install windows 8 i get the error "The product key entered..."

And i dont even have recovery image in my pc. I am using a dell laptop and i have windows 8 dvd given by dell which reads" windows 8 recovery media for windows product"

Please guide me asap.

Thursday, August 21, 2014 11:16 PM

Answers

• OEM keys are embedded on hardware, you might not need to enter the key in your case. I would suggest you to call Dell support here. 

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by VIVEK SAH Friday, August 22, 2014 11:17 AM
    Friday, August 22, 2014 3:19 AM
  • Please visit the Dell Windows 8 Forum for assistance.

Carey Frisch

Friday, August 22, 2014 6:41 AM

All replies

• OEM keys are embedded on hardware, you might not need to enter the key in your case. I would suggest you to call Dell support here. 

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, August 22, 2014 3:19 AM
  • Please visit the Dell Windows 8 Forum for assistance.

Carey Frisch

Friday, August 22, 2014 6:41 AM
  • Thanks a lot. Contacted Dell support they provided me with another Windows 8 Dvd and everything works fine. They said the Dvd i was using was not of the same version of windows 8 i had.
    Friday, August 22, 2014 11:19 AM