none
Starting to Think I Don't Understand How ParallelPeriod Function Works...

Question

• I am trying to compare Attendance rates between Prior Year - Same Month and Current Year - Same Month.  I have created a School Months Table that I thought would do the trick, but I'm having issues getting data to display.  I'm trying to create a calculated measure in my cube, using the ParallelPeriod function.  My assumption was that when you pass in the member to the ParallelPeriod function, it goes into the cube and counts back xx amount of records based on your criteria.  After spending the day playing with this, it doesn't seem that's the case.  It seems more based on what information you are displaying in your report.  Below is a picture I put together trying to show what I'm seeing.  To state my goal simply, I just want to show side by side attendance data for each month from 2012 and 2013.  

Monday, August 05, 2013 8:04 PM

All replies

• 1.) The empty result set using monthid might be caused if year is not included in the monthid. If this is the case it can be resolved by generating a number which includes yearid and monthid or having a composite key consisting of yearid and monthid.

2.) The incorrect values based on month name might be caused if you have your order by attribute set to Name or attribute name, this should rather be set to Key.

BLOG

• Proposed as answer by Duane Dicks Wednesday, August 07, 2013 12:19 PM
    Tuesday, August 06, 2013 6:07 AM