none
All Updates in SCCM Software Updates are set to expire

Question

•  

I ran into some errors with WSUS on our SCCM server.

All the updates in SCCM Software Updates are have set themselves to expire. This was caused by me uninstalling WSUS and then reinstalling it in hopes to fix other issues that have now affected SCCM.

The system will sync fine and no errors in the system status. If I try to force a download of any service pack (for example) a message box pops up displaying "All software updates are expired. The operation can't continue."

Is there anything I can do?

James

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 9:09 PM

Answers

• I think somehow the SUP was uninstalled.  Removal of the scan tool (in this case SUP) will set all updates to expired.  Re-installing the SUP and running sync should flip them all back to not expired.
    Thursday, February 05, 2009 7:59 PM

All replies

• James-

Have you tried removing the SUP role from that server, uninstall WSUS and the Admin Console, remove the WSUS database and reinstall your SUP role from scratch. I've seen this, you should be okay, once you get everything installed correctly. You'll see your updates go from grey and expired to available once a sync completes.

If you don't want to completly reinstall everything -- post your logs here so the forum can troubleshoot. But a reinstall might be the best bet.

Let me know if you run into issues with the reinstall. . .

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 2:02 PM
  • I think somehow the SUP was uninstalled.  Removal of the scan tool (in this case SUP) will set all updates to expired.  Re-installing the SUP and running sync should flip them all back to not expired.
    Thursday, February 05, 2009 7:59 PM
  • Hi,

I've got the same issue but I've already uninstalled SUP and WSUS with no sucess.

What else can I do to solve the issue?

Thanks in advance...

Dmsousa

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 7:10 PM
  • Hi,

I've uninstalled SUP, then WSUS and even Windows Internal Database.

I've renamed the "old" wsus folder.

I've then installed WSUS and after a reboot, SUP.

I order a re-sync...

All the update appear expired.

What else can I do?

Again, thanks...

Thursday, August 16, 2012 9:05 AM
  • Hi,

I order a re-sync...

What else can I do?

Again, thanks...

Thursday, August 16, 2012 9:05 AM
  • Hi,

I order a re-sync...

What else can I do?

Again, thanks...

Did you ever resolve this issue? I just ran into the same problem on my sccm 2012 server, I had removed the wsus role, removed software updates role from sccm, after I re-added both all updates now show as expired. I'm guessing it's the WID wsus database that is causing the issue, but I have no idea how to remove the database

Terry

Thursday, September 05, 2013 6:05 PM
  • Hi,

I order a re-sync...

What else can I do?

Again, thanks...

Terry

I've performed these same steps as part of a 2012 SP1 site server re-install and am experiencing the same problem. I am able to download updates that are new, but any older updates that were downloaded show up as expired and no longer work correctly. I would like to get to the bottom of this without a SUP / WSUS reinstall since I've already been down that route.

Ben

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 7:59 PM