none
Improve File Explore response/refresh Time

Question

• The Response / Refresh time get very slow at times when opening folders on various local, network (direct and mapped) drives.

At time even 'f5' does not respond properly.

Is there a repair or update for this?

Monday, September 10, 2012 2:34 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Did the issue occur  in any folders? What’re the type of files in that folders?

In my opinion, I would like suggest you to check the issue under safe mode. If the error doesn’t appear in Safe mode, then a non-Microsoft

program might be the cause of the issue. A clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

Visit the link below to know how to perform a clean boot to get rid of the conflicting program.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows 7

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Spencer

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 9:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Did the issue occur  in any folders? What’re the type of files in that folders?

In my opinion, I would like suggest you to check the issue under safe mode. If the error doesn’t appear in Safe mode, then a non-Microsoft

program might be the cause of the issue. A clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

Visit the link below to know how to perform a clean boot to get rid of the conflicting program.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows 7

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Spencer

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 9:46 AM
  • Hi, sorry for the slow reply but, the response is slow for network drives.

It appears each time I select another folder in the left pane it tries to 'refresh' the entire drive, (green bar across the top) taking longer and longer. 'f5' may not work because it's tied up doing other things. I primarily use 'mapped' drives for network for faster access.

How about this Microsoft "Left Pane Scroll Bug" ? ? Drives me and other nuts!

Could this be tied together? Slow erratic access?

Microsoft trying to force the 'SharePoint' way of browsing files and folders buy 'Libraries'....

SharePoint sucks, give me back my files and folders.......

Friday, November 01, 2013 2:12 PM