none
Auto Enabling Lync 2010 - Query - Help

Question

• Hello Team

In my test environment am using this script taken from this website(Googled and found )

http://lyncdirector.blogspot.in/

This scripts run in each 60 Min across this domain in AD. if any account found Lync disabled, or not enabled , it will automatically enabled once the script ran or completed.

now I have a problem , I would like to disable few users from the Lync server permanently and I don't want to enable further

if I disable the Lync account in LCP and it keeps enabling automatically enabled once the script ran.

How can I over come this? and would like to modify the script with exception. please help

Thanks in Advance

ramakrishnan

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 3:07 PM

Answers

• You could create an OU for disabled account and modify the get-ADOrganizationalUnit in the script.

1. Create an OU called Lync Disabled Accounts
    2. Move disabled users to New OU
    3. Modify Script line in enable.ps1 : 
    • Old Line:       $ouname=Get-ADOrganizationalUnit -filter * | select-object -property Name;
    • New Liine:     $ouname=Get-ADOrganizationalUnit -ldapfilter "(!name=Lync Disabled Accounts)" | select-object -property Name;

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 5:37 PM
  • Replace the old line with the new line.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by rush2ramki Thursday, August 22, 2013 2:56 PM
    Thursday, August 22, 2013 12:07 PM

All replies

• You could create an OU for disabled account and modify the get-ADOrganizationalUnit in the script.

1. Create an OU called Lync Disabled Accounts
    2. Move disabled users to New OU
    3. Modify Script line in enable.ps1 : 
    • Old Line:       $ouname=Get-ADOrganizationalUnit -filter * | select-object -property Name;
    • New Liine:     $ouname=Get-ADOrganizationalUnit -ldapfilter "(!name=Lync Disabled Accounts)" | select-object -property Name;

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 5:37 PM
  • Thanks Mate.

Do you want to add the new or replace the old with new line...

ramakrishnan

• Unmarked as answer by rush2ramki Thursday, August 22, 2013 2:56 PM
    Thursday, August 22, 2013 7:06 AM
  • Replace the old line with the new line.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, August 22, 2013 12:07 PM
  • Wonderfull.

Works perfectly. Thanks to all

ramakrishnan

Thursday, August 22, 2013 2:56 PM