none
Parallel running packages gives issue with DTC

Question

• Hi,

I am facing a specific issue due to the Transaction Coordinator. Currently 2 of my SSIS packages
    run in parallel, the first one to start is able to process and insert the data into Target database.
    The second packages run successfully but actually doesn’t insert any records(surprising?). So the 2nd packages
    doesn't give any errors but just executes silently and finishs without creating any records.

Considering that I have changed system to run only one packages at a time.

Now my question is: in case multiples packages are running on DTC, is it possible to somehow
    fail one of them and return error to the SSIS so that the package can be run again.

Also can we run packages in parallel in DTC with any specific setting and something I can do
    so that the packages runs parallel?

Thanks a lot,
    Rahul

Rahul Nadkarni
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 3:08 PM

All replies

• Put the parallel packages in a sequence container and fail the sequence container on the failure of any of the packages inside, and fail package on the failure of sequence container. 

FailParentOnFailure Property for each object should be TRUE to achieve parent failure on child failure.

Thanks and Regards, Prajesh Please use Marked as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 11:23 PM