none
How do i obtain a windows home server 2011 x64 iso?

Question

• My original windowa home server 2011 x64 OS disc is heavill scratched andno longer works. i need it to install my operating sysyem into my HP Proliant DL380 G5 server. I have a valid key still. However I still need an installer. Can anyone tell me where or how to get an iso for this operating system???

thanks.

Gamer Guy Ryan.

Saturday, January 18, 2014 5:03 PM

Answers

• Sorry, but that's the only official way to get the media. Microsoft hasn't the media available online, except for MSDN subscribers.

You might want to ask your system vendor, friends, an user group or similar, if someone has the media and can give you a copy, or you can order it from Microsoft from the link above.

Tero Leskinen - MVP (Windows Server for Small and Medium Business / SBS)

Saturday, January 18, 2014 9:49 PM

All replies

• This one may help.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326246

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Saturday, January 18, 2014 5:21 PM
  • Hi,

see http://www.microsoft.com/oem/en/salesmarketing/pages/media-replacement.aspx#fbid=OuD22zHrAL1

Edit - that page is for OEM's only, sorry. Please see Dave's reply.

Saturday, January 18, 2014 5:22 PM
  • Hi, Dave. Sorry but that wasn't quite helpful. I don't have a lot of cash as Iam a college student living with my parents and I have disabilities. So A. I don't own or work for a company (unless you consider a bunch of college buddies running a SC2 Lan party with our computers and my rackmount game server) and B. i HAVE a key i NEED a .ISO of home server 2011. 
    Saturday, January 18, 2014 8:19 PM
  • Sorry, but that's the only official way to get the media. Microsoft hasn't the media available online, except for MSDN subscribers.

You might want to ask your system vendor, friends, an user group or similar, if someone has the media and can give you a copy, or you can order it from Microsoft from the link above.

Saturday, January 18, 2014 9:49 PM