none
Any other way to Pin office icons to Windows 8 x64 taskbar besides scripts

Question

• Hi,

Does anyone know another way to pin taskbar icons, specifically office icons to a Windows 8 x64 taskbar, we are using mdt 2012 update 1 to deploy windows 8, I know there are scripts out there that can do this, but is their any other way, I tried editing the unattend.xml and set the copyprofile=true and the DoNotCleanTaskBarIcons=true but that does nothing, I did this both on the sysprep and capture TS and the Deploy TS. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bobby

Thursday, May 02, 2013 2:46 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If Office is installed in your reference image you can use the OobeSystem | Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup\TaskBarLinks in your unattend.xml

<Link0>%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office\Microsoft Outlook 2010.lnk</Link0>
    <Link1>%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office\Microsoft Word 2010.lnk</Link1>
    <Link2>%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office\Microsoft Powerpoint 2010.lnk</Link2>

Revue du Geek | Astuces pour déployer Windows 7

Thursday, May 02, 2013 4:26 PM
  • Do you happen to know by chance what the path for adding Office 2013 would be?
    Monday, August 12, 2013 6:02 PM