none
DPM recovery point volume blank

Question

• Hi team, I am testing to backup exchange with DPM2012. I got the issue after I backup the DAG to 2 SAN LUN volumes, one volume for replica and the other for recovery point. I found there is nothing to be found in the folder for recovery point. though the console shows 3GB used for recovery point. any advice please?thanks

Thanks and best regards, -- KF

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 3:56 AM

All replies

• HI,

DPM uses VSS snapshots to create recovery points.  You recover these by using the recovery tab in DPM to select a point recovery to restore.  There is nothing for you to see if you look on the recovery point volume because the snapshots are kept in the System Volume information folder.  If you open an administrative command prompt, then run VSSADMIN LIST SHADOWS - that will list the shadow copies for the protected data sources.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, July 04, 2013 7:58 PM