none
notify me when this connection has limited or no connectivity

Question

• i can't find the "notify me when this connection has limited or no connectivity" option in the network settings on windows 7 or windows server 2008. did they get rid of this? it was good for quickly knowing if one NIC in a team was disconnected.
    Sunday, October 14, 2012 1:32 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

-> i can't find the "notify me when this connection has limited or no connectivity" option in the network settings on windows 7 or windows server 2008. did they get rid of this?

Yes, it’s removed from the connection properties. By default, in Windows Server 2003 we do not showing up the network connection if connectivity is good. So we need the option “notify me when this connection has limited or no connectivity” to notice us if the connection via this NIC was broken. However, in higher version of Windows OS, the network connection status is always showing up at taskbar. So this option was removed from Interface Properties.  

Best Regards,

Aiden

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Aiden Cao

TechNet Community Support

Monday, October 15, 2012 6:00 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

-> i can't find the "notify me when this connection has limited or no connectivity" option in the network settings on windows 7 or windows server 2008. did they get rid of this?

Yes, it’s removed from the connection properties. By default, in Windows Server 2003 we do not showing up the network connection if connectivity is good. So we need the option “notify me when this connection has limited or no connectivity” to notice us if the connection via this NIC was broken. However, in higher version of Windows OS, the network connection status is always showing up at taskbar. So this option was removed from Interface Properties.  

Best Regards,

Aiden

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Aiden Cao

Monday, October 15, 2012 6:00 AM
  • Hi,

How are things going? I just want to check if the information provided was helpful. If there is any update or concern, please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,
    Aiden

Aiden Cao

Thursday, October 18, 2012 2:03 AM
  • -> i can't find the "notify me when this connection has limited or no connectivity" option in the network settings on windows 7 or windows server 2008. did they get rid of this?

Oh no, I loved being able to have the Network icon only appear in the tray when there was a connection issue.  Is there no way to achieve that now that I'm using Win7Pro32-bit.sp1 instead of WinXP, please?
    Friday, April 25, 2014 11:27 PM