none
Global Catalog has change after DC - DR Site create

General discussion

• After creating the DR site we are facing a problem in Exchange and Server 2008 R2 with event ID : 2080

The error is in the following -

Process MAD.EXE (PID=4604). Exchange Active Directory Provider has discovered the following servers with the following characteristics:
     (Server name | Roles | Enabled | Reachability | Synchronized | GC capable | PDC | SACL right | Critical Data | Netlogon | OS Version)
    In-site:
    NCCBLPDC999.abc.com    CDG 1 7 7 1 0 1 1 7 1
     Out-of-site:
    nccblpdc001.abc.com        CDG 1 7 7 1 0 1 1 7 1
    NCCBLBDC001.abc.com    CDG 1 7 7 1 0 1 1 7 1

So, how we can solve this problem.

As not the primary site or default DC is not responding but the DR site is responding, so it is creating error on the domain activity.

Please, help me to solve this issue.

Looking forward to hearing the solution in a urgent basis.

-

Shakil

Thursday, June 27, 2013 9:33 AM

All replies

• After creating the DR site we are facing a problem in Exchange and Server 2008 R2 with event ID : 2080

The error is in the following -

Process MAD.EXE (PID=4604). Exchange Active Directory Provider has discovered the following servers with the following characteristics:
     (Server name | Roles | Enabled | Reachability | Synchronized | GC capable | PDC | SACL right | Critical Data | Netlogon | OS Version)
    In-site:
    NCCBLPDC999.abc.com    CDG 1 7 7 1 0 1 1 7 1
     Out-of-site:
    nccblpdc001.abc.com        CDG 1 7 7 1 0 1 1 7 1
    NCCBLBDC001.abc.com    CDG 1 7 7 1 0 1 1 7 1

So, how we can solve this problem.

As not the primary site or default DC is not responding but the DR site is responding, so it is creating error on the domain activity.

Please, help me to solve this issue.

Looking forward to hearing the solution in a urgent basis.

-

Shakil

"in this scenario 999 is for DR site and 001 is for the DC site"

Thursday, June 27, 2013 9:44 AM
  • Hello,

did you configure AD sites and services with subnets connected to the correct sites where the DCs are located?

Are firewalls open according to http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd772723(WS.10).aspx

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
    MVP, MCP, MCTS
    Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
    My Blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/mweber/

Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Thursday, June 27, 2013 9:57 AM
  • Hi,

According to the Microsoft FSMO, I have checked out the detail settings accept the DNS.

Everything recorded as Microsoft defined, but in live environment we are looking that

DR site (192.168.10.100 ) is responding first rather than DC (192.168.101.100).

As a result Exchange Server responding on DR site, not by the DC site, where as our Exchange

running in DC site.

Saturday, June 29, 2013 4:51 AM