none
SCOM 2012 R2 Installation

Question

• We currently have SCOM 2012 implemented in our environment. We would like to move to R2.

I cannot find any documentation on the easiest way to do this. Is it possible to do a side by side install?

We also have other System Center technologies installed, SCCM, VMM, Orchestrator. Will all of these need to be upgraded?

Monday, August 26, 2013 3:37 AM

Answers

• From my experience, you cannot upgrade SCOM 2012 R2 from SCOM 2012 directly.

May be you should SCOM 2012 --> SCOM 2012 SP1 --> SCOM 2012 R2.

Best Regard

Roger 

Monday, August 26, 2013 3:27 PM
  • Hi,

R2 is going to be released 18 October. After 18 October I believe you can find a lot of documentations and blogs

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, August 26, 2013 5:54 PM
  • R2 will not be released till October 18th, and on that date/afterward there should be plenty of Microsoft official documentation on a few things, like upgrade path for the products, and integration notes, like if you have VMM connected to SCOM or Orchestrator connected to SCOM etc.. From prior experience of the upgrade path of SCOM; the SCOM 2007 the upgrade path was SCOM 2007 > SCOM 2007 Sp1 > SCOM 2007 R2.

Hope this helps!

Scott Moss MVP (Operations Manager) President - System Center Virtual Users Group |Vice President - Atlanta Southeast Management Users Group (ATL SMUG)
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you!
    my new blog om2012.wordpress.com

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 3:04 AM

All replies

• it does not require to do side by side to upgrade to SCOM 2012 to R2

you can upgrade SCOM 2012 to R2 without upgrading the other SC products, but you may need to upgrade some the Management Packs to R2. Check the following link for some tips

http://www.systemcentercentral.com/some-tips-on-upgrading-system-center-2012-sp1-to-r2-preview/

Monday, August 26, 2013 11:11 AM
  • From my experience, you cannot upgrade SCOM 2012 R2 from SCOM 2012 directly.

May be you should SCOM 2012 --> SCOM 2012 SP1 --> SCOM 2012 R2.

Best Regard

Roger 

Monday, August 26, 2013 3:27 PM
  • Hi,

R2 is going to be released 18 October. After 18 October I believe you can find a lot of documentations and blogs

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, August 26, 2013 5:54 PM
  • R2 will not be released till October 18th, and on that date/afterward there should be plenty of Microsoft official documentation on a few things, like upgrade path for the products, and integration notes, like if you have VMM connected to SCOM or Orchestrator connected to SCOM etc.. From prior experience of the upgrade path of SCOM; the SCOM 2007 the upgrade path was SCOM 2007 > SCOM 2007 Sp1 > SCOM 2007 R2.

Hope this helps!

Scott Moss MVP (Operations Manager) President - System Center Virtual Users Group |Vice President - Atlanta Southeast Management Users Group (ATL SMUG)
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you!
    my new blog om2012.wordpress.com

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 3:04 AM