none
SSIS 2008 expression task

Question

• Hi everyone,

doesn't SSIS 2008 have an expression task just like the one in SSIS 2012?

if not, what is the simpelest way to assign a value into a variable using other variables?

something like @[User::Full_Path]= @[User::Root_Folder]+ @[User::Tbl_Name] + @[User::File_Name]

i saw it's possible with script task, i'm not very fluent in VB coding/c# coding

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 7:54 AM

Answers

• Hello,

You can assign the value to a variable by

1.  Selecting the property of the variable and then specifying the expression, remember to set the value EvaluateAsExpression to True

2. Using a script task to assign the values

3. Using Execute SQL task, Set ResultSet to SingleRow and the Pass the Result Set value to the variable you want to store the value. As in your example, variables @[User::Root_Folder], @[User::Tbl_Name] and @[User::File_Name] will be parameters to the following SQL statement "Select ? + ? + ?" As Full_Path

• Marked as answer by gilboa Wednesday, August 21, 2013 12:20 PM
    Wednesday, August 21, 2013 8:43 AM

All replies

• Hello,

You can assign the value to a variable by

1.  Selecting the property of the variable and then specifying the expression, remember to set the value EvaluateAsExpression to True

2. Using a script task to assign the values

3. Using Execute SQL task, Set ResultSet to SingleRow and the Pass the Result Set value to the variable you want to store the value. As in your example, variables @[User::Root_Folder], @[User::Tbl_Name] and @[User::File_Name] will be parameters to the following SQL statement "Select ? + ? + ?" As Full_Path

• Marked as answer by gilboa Wednesday, August 21, 2013 12:20 PM
    Wednesday, August 21, 2013 8:43 AM
  • the third way seems best for me

thanks

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 12:20 PM