Hi I'm from Rwanda. I also experienced the same issue. But after making AD cleaning (removing devices in AD that are no longer active), I managed to get the exact number of machines as that on the network. However, my issue now is that out of 169 machines
on the network, only 23 can be displayed in the Volume Licensing section. What might be the reason for other devices' licensing status not displayed/
The common failure types are listed in this
TechNet Wiki article with explanations as to what they usually mean. For failures related to authentication, you can use WBEMTEST, which I've made a video tutorial on, to troubleshoot the connection faster. The instructions are found in this
TechNet Wiki article.
The "extra" machines that you discovered are probably stale computer objects in your Active Directory.
Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click
"Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Please
VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Microsoft is conducting an online survey to understand your opinion of the Technet Web site. If you choose to participate, the online survey will be presented to you when you leave the Technet Web site.