none
Suggestion for result in MAP tool

Question

• After I scan by using MAP Tool, it's show result like image below:

ภาพ

the result is

1. I found some computer didn't in environment, it didn't show in report.

2. some computer open but user didn't have permission to access. So, the result is not show in the report.

3. How do we know what's the real computer because I found in report shows 200 machines, but in the real environment is 150 machines.

4. How do we summarized the report because some result is error.

Need Suggestion.

Thursday, September 26, 2013 3:20 AM

All replies

• Hi I'm from Rwanda. I also experienced the same issue. But after making AD cleaning (removing devices in AD that are no longer active), I managed to get the exact number of machines as that on the network. However, my issue now is that out of 169 machines on the network, only 23 can be displayed in the Volume Licensing section. What might be the reason for other devices' licensing status not displayed/

katab

Friday, October 11, 2013 2:07 PM
  • The common failure types are listed in this TechNet Wiki article with explanations as to what they usually mean. For failures related to authentication, you can use WBEMTEST, which I've made a video tutorial on, to troubleshoot the connection faster. The instructions are found in this TechNet Wiki article.

The "extra" machines that you discovered are probably stale computer objects in your Active Directory.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 9:28 PM