none
App-V 5.0 Connection Groups not syncing to Client

    Question

  • Hi,

    i have installed an App-V Management Server and successfully created and published packages to a client.

    I
    then tried to create a Connection Group for some Internet Explorer
    Plugins, which works on the server (adding packages, assigning to a
    group, publishing), but fails to get synced on the client.

    The client is listing all packages, but no connection groups.

    App-V Management Server Version 5.0.1224.0

    App-V Client 5.0 SP1 - 5.0.1104.0

    I tried 5.0 SP2 Client before, but had the same problem...

    Monday, August 18, 2014 2:36 PM

Answers

  • According to the screenshot, you only have 1 package in de connectiongroup IE-plugins (FlashPlayer), I'm not sure if AppV creates the connectiongroup if it only contains 1 package. Add some more packages and try again... and indeed wait 10min for the backend sync.
    • Marked as answer by ersitzt123 Tuesday, August 19, 2014 11:37 AM
    Tuesday, August 19, 2014 10:24 AM

All replies

  • Hello,

    Any reason you are not sharing what the event-logs are saying?


    Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

    Monday, August 18, 2014 3:13 PM
  • Sorry ! Yeah, because they are quite quiet...

    No errors or warnings. Neither on the client nor the server

    Is there any way i cant debug this further ?

    Thanks !


    • Edited by ersitzt123 Tuesday, August 19, 2014 6:39 AM
    Tuesday, August 19, 2014 6:34 AM
  • Did you assign a ad-group to the conenctiongroup? If you browse to the url from the following PoSh cmd:  (Get-AppvPublishingServer).Url ... is the connectiongroup listed?
    Tuesday, August 19, 2014 8:12 AM
  • Yeah i've assigned an ad-group which i am a member of.

    This is the output:

    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    
    -<Publishing Protocol="1.0">
    
    
    -<Packages>
    
    <Package PackageUrl="\\Srv-appv\apps\Flash\Flash.appv" VersionId="ef330e44-16ae-4239-83dc-01802b770cfe" PackageId="bd8527c8-9594-4a9f-9170-c7e725896621"/>
    
    <Package PackageUrl="\\Srv-appv\apps\Puuutttyyy\Puuutttyyy.appv" VersionId="139953fe-1757-4d87-bcb9-fe3c982c361b" PackageId="f12700c1-f4bb-4bc7-aa20-474e5eb6bba8"/>
    
    </Packages>
    
    
    -<NoGroup>
    
    <Package PackageId="bd8527c8-9594-4a9f-9170-c7e725896621"/>
    
    <Package PackageId="f12700c1-f4bb-4bc7-aa20-474e5eb6bba8"/>
    
    </NoGroup>
    
    </Publishing>

    And these are my connection groups

    Tuesday, August 19, 2014 8:29 AM
  • The xml shows that there are no connectiongroups assignt to that user... I can not see the image you uploaded. So the Microsoft\App-V\Client\Operation and Admin log do not show any errors?
    Tuesday, August 19, 2014 8:52 AM
  • If you assigned the packages and CG to a user, you can open a browser on the client machine (with that user) and connet to the Publishing Server URL. This should return above XML.

    Note that changes on the Management Server by default take 10 minutes to get replicated to the Publishing Server - and then a sync-appvpublishingserver is required on the client to get the info down there.


    Falko

    Twitter @kirk_tn   |   Blog kirxblog   |   Web kirx.org   |   Fireside appvbook.com

    Tuesday, August 19, 2014 9:42 AM
  • Hope this time it works...

    CG is assigned to me, tried assigning to user and computer and both.

    Still no errors in any log. :(


    • Edited by ersitzt123 Tuesday, August 19, 2014 9:52 AM
    Tuesday, August 19, 2014 9:51 AM
  • According to the screenshot, you only have 1 package in de connectiongroup IE-plugins (FlashPlayer), I'm not sure if AppV creates the connectiongroup if it only contains 1 package. Add some more packages and try again... and indeed wait 10min for the backend sync.
    • Marked as answer by ersitzt123 Tuesday, August 19, 2014 11:37 AM
    Tuesday, August 19, 2014 10:24 AM
  • I have added a new package (java) an put it in the connection group, now gets synced on the client.

    Still weird since i already had two packages in the connection group because i suspected that to be problem... seems i didnt wait long enough :(

    Thanks guys !!!

    Tuesday, August 19, 2014 11:47 AM
  • 10min (600 sec) is the default value on the publishing server backend... if you are on a test-env I would changing the value to 10sec like:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\AppV\Server\PublishingService
    PUBLISHING_MGT_SERVER_REFRESH_INTERVAL = 10

    Tuesday, August 19, 2014 12:15 PM