none
missing table numbers when printing word document

Question

• Hi Support ,

i have a word document that is created in word2010 that contains table and table numbers . when i choose to print that document to PDF or even to the

microsft XPS document writer all of the table numbers are gone , even in the preview pane they are also missing . the problem originally started with a digitally sign document that was converted into PDF originally i thought that it has something to do with the digital signature but this phenomenon happens also with an unsigned document as explained below .

is this a known behavior or am i missing something  ?

thanks,

Dima

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 8:20 AM

Answers

• The fact the numbers don't show in Print Preview suggests they're formatted as hidden text. You could select the affected range and make sure it doesn't have the hidden text attribute applied. Alternatively, you could change Word's print options to print hdden text.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 1:57 AM

All replies

• The fact the numbers don't show in Print Preview suggests they're formatted as hidden text. You could select the affected range and make sure it doesn't have the hidden text attribute applied. Alternatively, you could change Word's print options to print hdden text.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 1:57 AM
  • Hi,

Is this issue occurs in all files or just this file?

Try to open the file in safe mode to check the issue.

If the file only happens in this file , then create a new file and copy the contents into the new file to check the issue.

Jaynet Zhang

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 6:29 AM