none
Capture not working

Question

• Here is the problem, I have created a Sysprep and Capture Task Sequence in MDT with all the correct parameters, however when I try to run this Task with the GUI or by the command line (running as Admin) the task sequence starts but never ask me the questions it is supposed to ask such as do you want to image this machine and what name do you want to name the file etc.  All it ask me what Task do you want to run and then the next window is to begin the sequence so I click begin and it runs the Sysprep and about 15 seconds later it says that the OS deployed successfully which obviously it did not.  So I deleted that sequence I made, made another Sysprep sequence and completely regenerated the share and the same thing happened again.  I then tried to run an older Sysprep/capture sequence I know that works and the same thing happened.  The only thing that is different is that in WDS there is a 64bit boot image that I am not sure if that image works, I am not sure if that even makes a difference because the image I am trying to capture with MDT is a 64 bit one.  Do you think I should try to make a 32 bit capture?

• Changed type CompSol123 Thursday, August 01, 2013 4:29 PM Question
    Wednesday, July 31, 2013 3:17 PM

Answers

• What does your CustomSettings.ini contain? Have you checked the log files?

-Nick O.

• Marked as answer by CompSol123 Thursday, August 01, 2013 4:30 PM
    Wednesday, July 31, 2013 4:15 PM

All replies

• What does your CustomSettings.ini contain? Have you checked the log files?

-Nick O.

• Marked as answer by CompSol123 Thursday, August 01, 2013 4:30 PM
    Wednesday, July 31, 2013 4:15 PM
  • Hey Nick I did add some things in the Custom.ini I guess I should delete what I put because come to think of it after I did that nothing worked.  I will try that and get back to you, thanks!  And if I need to check the log files where are they located?
    Wednesday, July 31, 2013 4:32 PM
  • I believe the logs will be in %WINDIR%\Temp\Deployment Logs. You can also check the C:\MININT folder - don't close the wizard summary pane, which will case that folder to be deleted. You can also search for BDD.log, LiteTouch.log, or for task sequence "engine" things, SMSTS.log.

-Nick O.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 4:48 PM
  • If you have something like SkipRoles=YES or SkipTimeZone=YES, the you will have those parts of the wizard that are skipped. If you want to ensure that those screens are shown make sure it says "SkipDeploymentType=NO" for example.
    Wednesday, July 31, 2013 8:11 PM
  • Hey Nick that was it thanks for the help.  I am not sure how to mark this as the answer but the response you gave me was the answer.  I found it thanks, the answer button that is.
    • Edited by CompSol123 Thursday, August 01, 2013 4:30 PM
    Thursday, August 01, 2013 4:29 PM