none
how to add explorer.exe to windows pe5.1?

Question

• I want to make a 64bit windows PE5.1 system, download window adk to create a bootable UFD ,

my question is how to add 64bit explorer.exe of windows 8 to this PE5.1 system, so that it can  show a GUI interface but not a cmdline when boot.

Thanks!

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 9:37 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Some 3 third party software might achieve this, but apologize that we don't support this.

Regarding to GUI APP, we need to use a cmdline to launch the APP, not click a icon to launch the app, we don't have GUI WinPE because we're unable to make Win PE like a normal operation system (such as Windows 7)via offical way, it's command line environment, anyway, glad to know that you've found an alternative way to solve this issue. 

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, August 15, 2014 1:50 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I'm afraid that it's a hard project to create a GUI for WinPE, it's a small core operation system, runs the Windows command line environment, what we can do is adding some optional components or apps.

WinPE: Mount and Customize

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-in/library/hh824972.aspx

Yolanda Zhu

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 8:35 AM
  • thank you!

But I have solve this problem by using winbuilder083.

I still have a question,If I don't have a GUI PE .How could I run GUI apps?

Friday, August 15, 2014 1:05 AM
  • Hi,

Some 3 third party software might achieve this, but apologize that we don't support this.

Regarding to GUI APP, we need to use a cmdline to launch the APP, not click a icon to launch the app, we don't have GUI WinPE because we're unable to make Win PE like a normal operation system (such as Windows 7)via offical way, it's command line environment, anyway, glad to know that you've found an alternative way to solve this issue. 

Yolanda Zhu

Friday, August 15, 2014 1:50 AM