none
How to disable auto-completing service request after completing last activity

Question

• How to disable standard rule, that change service request status to "Complete" when the last activity in this service request is completed?
    For SCSM 2012 R2

Thursday, December 12, 2013 3:05 PM

Answers

• Perhaps you can use the "Closed" status as a way of indicating that your are completely finished with a service request? (This follows ITIL). It has the advantage of being an out-of-the-box feature and, by default, SR's have to be closed by a user.

Keep in mind, though, that closed service requests are groomed out of the CMDB (356 day retention time by default, i believe). But, they'll still be available for a few years in your data warehouse.

What is your business reason for this behavior? Console views? Custom reports?

If "Closed" doesn't cut it for you, you may want to consider extending the Server Request class with your own status property that you can use for whatever your requirements are.

Friday, December 13, 2013 2:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

For me it's not possible ... this is a native function of SCSM.

Maybe you can try to intercept the "Completed" with Orchestrator monitor and change the status to another, you must first go through by the status "Completed" 

Remy BOVI

• Proposed as answer by BOVI Rémy Thursday, December 12, 2013 3:36 PM
    Thursday, December 12, 2013 3:36 PM
  • "ReallyCompleted" status? :-)

It is not the best solution, becuase the other workflows/notifications/views, are connected to "Completed" service request status.

I know that there are default SCSM 2012 rules, that control how the service request goes from status to status...
    May be disabling some of this rules can solve this situation? But what exectly rule? I don't know :-(

Friday, December 13, 2013 6:16 AM
  • Perhaps you can use the "Closed" status as a way of indicating that your are completely finished with a service request? (This follows ITIL). It has the advantage of being an out-of-the-box feature and, by default, SR's have to be closed by a user.

Keep in mind, though, that closed service requests are groomed out of the CMDB (356 day retention time by default, i believe). But, they'll still be available for a few years in your data warehouse.

What is your business reason for this behavior? Console views? Custom reports?

If "Closed" doesn't cut it for you, you may want to consider extending the Server Request class with your own status property that you can use for whatever your requirements are.

Friday, December 13, 2013 2:11 PM
  • You really don't want to try to mess with the out of the box workflows, you have to work around them. 

Why not just create a "pending closure" activity.  That holds SR in progress, until said activity is completed.  You can use a custom activity stage for use in views.  You can use Orchestrator to "auto complete" these activities pending some logical criteria.

Joshua Fuente

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 3:43 PM