none
sql server patching

Question

• In my server, only integration service and reporting services are running, no database engine.

1. How can i upgrade service pack

2. How to check which service pack is running.

Please help.

Wednesday, October 09, 2013 10:19 AM

Answers

• Hello,

1. Just run the service pack installer; in the installation wizard you can select an existing instance and the installed features like SSIS / SSRS which you want to patch.

2. From Registry on the server:
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\<InstanceRelatedKey>\MSSQLServer\CurrentVersion

Whereby <InstanceRelatedKey> depends on the version, feature and name of the instance, e.g. version 2012 of SSRS named instance "Web" then <InstanceRelatedKey> = "MSRS11.WEB"

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Wednesday, October 09, 2013 10:26 AM
  • connect to integration services from management studio  there you can see the version and edition of SQL Server

check the image below

when installing the service pack it itself can check the installlated SQL Server Services in the server

Ramesh Babu Vavilla MCTS,MSBI

All replies

• In my server, only integration service and reporting services are running, no database engine.

1. How can i upgrade service pack

2. How to check which service pack is running.

Please help.

Hello ,

I know you asked this question before ,answer will not chnage .You can run the service pack setup and select Integration and reportiing services from select instance page

Please mark this reply as the answer or vote as helpful, as appropriate, to make it useful for other readers

• Edited by Shanky_621 Wednesday, October 09, 2013 10:56 AM
    Wednesday, October 09, 2013 10:25 AM
  • connect to integration services from management studio  there you can see the version and edition of SQL Server

check the image below

when installing the service pack it itself can check the installlated SQL Server Services in the server

Ramesh Babu Vavilla MCTS,MSBI

• Hello,

1. Just run the service pack installer; in the installation wizard you can select an existing instance and the installed features like SSIS / SSRS which you want to patch.

2. From Registry on the server:
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\<InstanceRelatedKey>\MSSQLServer\CurrentVersion

Whereby <InstanceRelatedKey> depends on the version, feature and name of the instance, e.g. version 2012 of SSRS named instance "Web" then <InstanceRelatedKey> = "MSRS11.WEB"

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

• Thanks for your help Olaf
    Wednesday, October 09, 2013 10:34 AM
  • I asked if I dont have database engine then how can come to know, which service pack is running,now  i got answer.

Thanks

Wednesday, October 09, 2013 10:37 AM