none
error code 0x800f0922 while trying to install .net Framework 3.5

Question

• Hi,

I upgraded from win7 to win8 through online microsoft store (so don't have original win8 DVD). When I try to play a particular game a window pops up telling me I need to install .net framework 3.5. I go ahead with it and it downloads the files then while installing, it gets near the end when it stops and comes up with the error code 0x800f0922. I went into 'Turn on and off Windows features' and it is listed there but unticked, when I tick it it starts to install then stops with the same message. I've tried /scanhealth and /restorehealth on cmd but nothing. I downloaded .net framework 3.5 from microsoft but with the same error. I even tried putting my win7 disc in and doing:

DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All /LimitAccess /Source:f:\sources\sxs 

I changed the directory to my the correct DVD drive. It failed at 99.8%. In my SkyDrive is the DISM log for it. I also tried the framework clean up tool but that didn't work either.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=B4770DD9876D28E0!442&authkey=!ADbUcCRibles8Mo&ithint=folder%2c.log

Please help, I really have no idea what to do anymore. Thank you.

Friday, December 27, 2013 10:25 AM

Answers

• Hi,

For the issue, let us try rebuilding performance counters to check the result.

Press Win+x, and click Command Prompt(admin)

Type "CD c:\windows\system32",and Enter.

Type "LODCTR /R", and Enter.

Note: This let you rebuild the perf registry strings and info from scratch based on the current registry settings and backup INI files.

Keep post.

Regards,

Kelvin hsu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Milorad_v Wednesday, January 01, 2014 10:43 AM
    Tuesday, December 31, 2013 5:58 AM

All replies