none
DPM 2010 - Getting errors when viewing reports

Question

• Microsoft DPM Forum,

I am getting the following error when attempting to view reports in DPM 2010:

An error occurred during client rendering.

An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)

Cannot create a connection to data source 'DLS'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection)

Cannot open database "DPMDB" requested by the login. The login failed. Login failed for user 'servername\DPMR$servername'.

This is occurring after I rebuilt the OS on the DPM server to resolve a "tape system disconnect" issue that plagued us since November of 2013.

Any idea how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance,

Joe

Wednesday, July 09, 2014 3:26 PM

Answers

• Mike,

Thank you for that post.  Yes, I saw that while I was researching a possible solution to the problem.  No dice.  However, I reached out to Prosenjit Kanjilal of the Microsoft DPM Support Team (as he was emailing me on our re-occurring issue of Event ID: 15 errors - see other thread).  He had me do the following:

• Open SQL Studio and connect to the instance
    • Go to Security->Logins
    • Now Add 'servername\DPMR$servername' if it is not already added

I also had to add the dbowner role to the DPMDB database under 'user mapping' for this specific user to actually resolve the issue.  The user wasn't listed in the Logins in SQL Studio.

Thanks again!

Joe

Friday, July 18, 2014 1:22 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Check the solution(s) in this post.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, July 17, 2014 9:45 PM
  • Mike,

Thank you for that post.  Yes, I saw that while I was researching a possible solution to the problem.  No dice.  However, I reached out to Prosenjit Kanjilal of the Microsoft DPM Support Team (as he was emailing me on our re-occurring issue of Event ID: 15 errors - see other thread).  He had me do the following:

• Open SQL Studio and connect to the instance
    • Go to Security->Logins
    • Now Add 'servername\DPMR$servername' if it is not already added

I also had to add the dbowner role to the DPMDB database under 'user mapping' for this specific user to actually resolve the issue.  The user wasn't listed in the Logins in SQL Studio.

Thanks again!

Joe

Friday, July 18, 2014 1:22 PM