none
uninstall procedure application - client is removed from AD group.. then what?

Question

•  Hi

I deploy applications to device groups and membership is based on the client device being a member of a security group id AD.

What's the uninstall procedure for this scenario.. when I remove Laptop002 from an application AD group shouldn't SCCM agent automatically uninstall the application? it has the uninstall command already in the deployment configuration. it adds it automatically when I added the msi to deployment types.. 

I've been looking around and it looks like you need to create a seperate deployment to uninstall?? this sounds silly since the deployment already has the info?

am I missing something?

Kindest regards, Martin

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 8:17 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

No, SCCM will automatically uninstall the application if the computer is removed from the Group, you need to use a Query so that it is automatically added to an uninstall Collection instead when removed from the AD Group.

Regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 8:41 AM
  • So for each piece of software I have a collection for.. I need to create an identical collection that uninstalls?

is there any documentation or blogs that explain this?

Kindest regards, Martin

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 8:57 AM
  • An identical collection won't work. One way would be:
    install collection = all members of AD group xyz.
    Uninstall collection = all clients, that have software xyz installed (using add/remove programs data) and that are not member of AD group xyz (=exclude the former collection).

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 9:09 AM
  • Hi Torsten

so I created a collection that shows me how many devices have Adobe std. XI installed but are NOT member of my ADgroup. 

I'm tempted to say.. "Then What?" but my guess is... I have to create yet another application to deply with the uninstall param set?

From what I can tell.. for each piece of software I want to add to SCCM I need 2 applications.. complete with all info etc?? I'm sorry.. but this makes absolutely no sense to me.. why can't sccm use the info already in the 1st application to uninstall?

Kindest regards, Martin

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 7:18 AM
  • There's no need for a 2nd application. Just deploy the install deployment to the collection containing the AD group members and the uninstall deployment to the 2nd collection.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 7:34 AM
  • ah right of course...

that helps a little :)

Kindest regards, Martin

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 8:36 AM