none
Windows Server 2008 - Activating 180 evaluation period

Question

• I recently installed an evaluation copy of Windows Server 2008 which I downloaded from the Microsoft evaluation website. I did not immediately go through any activation process. I wasn't clear about the process previously but have attempted to activate the software now as it now indicates that the Windows license is expired and the copy of Windows is not genuine. The issue I have with attempting to activate my copy is that the server is located on a private network where I do not have online access. There does not appear to be any other option available to complete the activation.
    Tuesday, January 07, 2014 4:11 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Regarding the issue here, please check the below KB article to see if it could help:

How to extend the Windows Server 2008 evaluation period

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948472

Also please check the thread below for more information:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1892a04d-0961-4046-b8dd-6518a13784bf/never-received-activation-code-for-180-day-eval-of-windows-server-2008?forum=winservergen

Hope this helps

Best regards

Michael

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, January 07, 2014 4:59 AM
  • Hi,

I'm aware of the re-arm option which I have been using sparingly but am about to re-arm for the 5th time which will provide only 10 more days. I have a requirement to trial this software fo at leact another 60 days. It appears that based on the private network that we have the windows server installed I will not be able to register online. Though the registration on the server does not provide any phone options I feel this is my only option however. Is there a number within Australia that I can call to get the 180-day trial registration completed. Please do not provide a thread for more information on this. Either there is a number I could call for help or not.

Regards

Harri

Thursday, March 20, 2014 10:53 PM