Skipped: Not Precendent on export

Question

• I'm trying to export an update to userAccountControl on EAF during a reverse join. I get the message in EAF that states "Skipped: Not Precendent." I had an IAF for UAC but removed that thinking that may be it. Can anyone tell me what causes this message? Anything particular about doing this during a reverse join?
    Wednesday, May 06, 2009 8:09 PM

Answers

• Could you be a bit more specific?
    When and where do you get that message?

How did you configure the EAF? Could you post the code?

Did you delete the IAF for UAC or did you change it to direct?

Which MV attribute do you flow out to the AD UAC?
    Which data source is precedent for the MV Attribute that is flown out to the AD userAccountControl?

This article contains detailed info on "Skipped. Not precedent."
    (Synchronization Rules in MIIS 2003 > search the article for “export-skipped-not-precedent”)

Check the connected MV attribute and check the specific attribute to see which source has flown data in.

Kind regards,
    Peter
    Peter Geelen - Sr. Consultant IDA (http://www.traxion.com)
    • Marked as answer by IAmSteve Thursday, May 07, 2009 2:50 PM
    Wednesday, May 06, 2009 11:29 PM
  • Thanks Peter for the help. Your link to that article led me to the answer. The last bullet of the Export Precedence section states the problem I had:

• If there are no values on the source attribute, a rank cannot be determined and the export attribute flow mapping does not run. This prevents behavior that might lead to unintended data loss.

The metaverse attribute that is the source for this flow is called lastEnabledTime and it was blank for this person. I have a test for presence of this attribute in the flow rule taking it being empty into account. But if I'm reading that bullet point correctly, the export flow rule never runs if the source attribute is blank. I added some IAF code to populate that attribute after the join and now it works.

I wasn't familar with Export Precedence before and searching on the error hadn't helped. So thanks again for you leading me to that documentation link.
    Thursday, May 07, 2009 2:50 PM

All replies

• Could you be a bit more specific?
    When and where do you get that message?

How did you configure the EAF? Could you post the code?

Did you delete the IAF for UAC or did you change it to direct?

Which MV attribute do you flow out to the AD UAC?
    Which data source is precedent for the MV Attribute that is flown out to the AD userAccountControl?

This article contains detailed info on "Skipped. Not precedent."
    (Synchronization Rules in MIIS 2003 > search the article for “export-skipped-not-precedent”)

Check the connected MV attribute and check the specific attribute to see which source has flown data in.

Kind regards,
    Peter
    Peter Geelen - Sr. Consultant IDA (http://www.traxion.com)
    Wednesday, May 06, 2009 11:29 PM
  • Just a hunch – go to the metaverse designer and double-check the flow precedence configuration.
    There must be more than one IAF configured if you get this error.

Cheers,
    Markus
    Markus Vilcinskas, Technical Content Developer, Microsoft Corporation
    Thursday, May 07, 2009 11:20 AM
  • Thanks Peter for the help. Your link to that article led me to the answer. The last bullet of the Export Precedence section states the problem I had:

• If there are no values on the source attribute, a rank cannot be determined and the export attribute flow mapping does not run. This prevents behavior that might lead to unintended data loss.

The metaverse attribute that is the source for this flow is called lastEnabledTime and it was blank for this person. I have a test for presence of this attribute in the flow rule taking it being empty into account. But if I'm reading that bullet point correctly, the export flow rule never runs if the source attribute is blank. I added some IAF code to populate that attribute after the join and now it works.

I wasn't familar with Export Precedence before and searching on the error hadn't helped. So thanks again for you leading me to that documentation link.
    Thursday, May 07, 2009 2:50 PM