none
Windows SBS 2011 Essentials questions

Question

• Here is my question,

I want to run SBS 2011 Essentials and Sharepoint foundation

Here is what I want to end up with

DHCP server, DNS server, AD, sharepoint, and the remote web access for the 1 remote user (there is no static IP at the office so I wanted to use the microsoft domain for the web access)

Here is what I have 

the old server I can run 2003 or 2008 for sharepoint

I have a new server that I was thinking of putting SBS on

this is a small office with only 5 in house users and 1 and maybe 2 remote users that would need the web access to get to docs on the road.

I am thinking that I can do all of this with SBS Essentials but what I am not sure about is the sharepoint part, and I don't need SBS standard because I have hosted exchange. I hope I can install sharepoint foundation on the SBS Essentials server and if so I am good, but if not then I was thinking I can use my current server and make it a sharepoint server but I was not sure if I can join that server to the SBS domain?

Thursday, August 01, 2013 1:11 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can install SharePoint foundation on the premium add-on if you wanted those services locally. I believe SPS is not a supported installation on a DC, so it will be an unsupported installation on the SBSE server itself. But we could join a member into the SBS domain.

Best Regards,

Andy Qi

Andy Qi
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by sasay1 Saturday, August 03, 2013 10:15 AM
    Saturday, August 03, 2013 6:23 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can install SharePoint foundation on the premium add-on if you wanted those services locally. I believe SPS is not a supported installation on a DC, so it will be an unsupported installation on the SBSE server itself. But we could join a member into the SBS domain.

Best Regards,

Andy Qi

Andy Qi
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by sasay1 Saturday, August 03, 2013 10:15 AM
    Saturday, August 03, 2013 6:23 AM
  • I would go for SharePoint in the cloud.  You can't put SharePoint on a DC.

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 12:48 AM