none
"Unable to Update" - The following tables could not be updated: xxxxx Linked tables might not update because of conflicting data types....

General discussion

• The problem has been isolated to two columns.  When I copy and 'paste value' cells that are formatted as numbers into a column formatted as number in a table (being used in powerpivot) - then refresh the pivot table - the error occurs.  I have a copy that is working but changing cells in these two columns (even typing by hand) results in this error.

I had a HORRIBLE experience with the Microsoft help desk.  They were unable to resolve the issue and REFUNDED my money - then transferred the call to the 'professional' line - where the representative told me this was not a professional matter and he could not help!  He told me he was transferring me to the number I had called the night before - and then I was disconnected.  Multiple subsequent attempts to reach a supervisor have been fruitless.

Any advice on how to resolve the problem or contact someone within Microsoft that can help - would be appreciated.

Thanks,

rob

Thursday, July 18, 2013 1:25 AM

All replies