none
How can I change the width of a column in a list of sharepoint 2010 ?

Question

• How do I change the column width in sharepoint 2010 so the data displays properly in standard view?

I open the list View in sharepoint designer,and change the width of the <td> ,but ,when I preview ,the column width don't change. what should I do?

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, July 01, 2010 9:31 AM One question mark in a Title is enough.
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, July 01, 2010 9:31 AM (7) 2010 questions all go to a suitable 2010 forum. A suitable 2010 forum is not one with "Pre-SharePoint 2010" in the Title (From:SharePoint - Design and Customization (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Thursday, July 01, 2010 9:01 AM

All replies

• Could you please let me know why do you want to adjust the column width. In SharePoint 2010 list standard view, it is adjusted automatically according to your text width. I typed in a long sentence, the column is expanded so that the whole sentence is displayed.

Friday, July 02, 2010 9:50 AM
  • I have two columns,Both of they have a long content, but one is very wide, another one is very narrow,so I want to adjust it . can you give me some suggestion.

Sincerely.

Friday, July 09, 2010 5:00 AM
  • While they may auto adjust to what it thinks is a correct width, far too often it allocates way too much room and that causes lists with 4 columns to be much longer than they need to be and without the ability to adjust them, lists look strange. http://twitpic.com/23ro09/full is an example of the first column having been allocated too much room.

Denzel
    Friday, July 09, 2010 3:31 PM
  • SharePoint Designer will allow you to customize column widths by customizing the XSLT.
    Sunday, July 11, 2010 11:57 PM
  • I am experiencing this exact same problem and have tried everything suggested here. 

Sharepoint Designer has saved shows in Design View that I have altered the column width but the view my browser remains unchanged...

Has any one any further suggestions?

Thursday, February 27, 2014 11:04 AM