none
Full UPN required for some tenant accounts

Question

• Hi there,

I have setup a multi-tenancy environment following the correct procedures, everything setup through powershell. For some reason certain users are needing to enter the full UPN username@domain.com in order to log in to OWA. Username will not work. All users were created the exact same way which is why this seems peculiar. Anyone aware of a way to change this back for the users this affects.

Thanks for any help.

Callum

Sunday, August 18, 2013 8:15 AM

All replies

• Good Evening,

The domain part of the pre-2000 logon domain\ will be the same for every user, it's the Windows AD NetBIOS domain name. You need to tell users to log on using UPN only.

Dame Luthas | My Blog: http://thelifestrategist.wordpress.com

If my post Answered your question - please mark as 'Answer'. If my post was useful, please hit the green arrow on the left.

Commitment to Continual Improvement is the Key to reaching your full potential. The Key is to find your Purpose and to help others while you're pursing it. We make a living by what we get but we make a life by what we give.

• Proposed as answer by Dame Luthas Sunday, August 18, 2013 8:38 PM
    Sunday, August 18, 2013 8:38 PM
  • We have over 300 mailboxes currently and all but a few just login with first.lastname. What is happening is there are sporadic users that need to enter their full UPN alias@tenant.com and the standard username is not working this is only for certain users. 

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 3:11 AM
  • By the way awesome blog. All my favorite subjects combined into one cool blog. :-)
    Wednesday, August 21, 2013 1:45 AM
  • Hello,

Please make sure your exchange version.

Please check if you change the owa logon method.

Besides, if you use exchange 2007/2010, please use EXBPA against your exchange server health.

Cara Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 5:42 AM
  • Hi,

OWA logon method has not been changed and is set to just username login and that is applied globally to everyone hence my reasons for being perplexed. We're running exchange 2013.

Thursday, August 22, 2013 12:34 AM
  • Anyone got any ideas on this one?
    Sunday, August 25, 2013 11:42 PM