none
Problems with PVLAN

Question

• I have setup a Isolated network with a primary and secondary vlan using Server 2012 R2 hosts.

Everything works ok on the virtual Machines when settings are published.

But after a restart the isolated network doesnt respond, its more or less dead. Even though Everything says  OK.

I have also a normal truncated vlan on Another NIC that works fine all the time.

If I do a shutdown of the virtual machine and then start it, the isolated network works fine.

Tryed the same network on a 2012 Host, and there I can do restarts of virtual Machines without problem.

Any suggestion where to look now? Im suspecting that I get a lock somewhere, maybe on the Vswitch maybe on the physical switch. But cant really find anything.

Thursday, November 28, 2013 1:53 PM

Answers

• Hi Johan,

Do you install AV software on this problematic host? If the answer is yes, please disable it and then test how the issue goes.

If the issue persists, please help check the Event Viewer on the host to see whether there are any related error messages.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Saturday, December 21, 2013 5:22 AM
  • This was an issue on the hardware, Qlogic 8142 FCOE CNA that VMQ really dont like Server 2012 or Server 2012 R2.

Disabling this on the hosts solved the problem.

• Marked as answer by Johan Runesson Wednesday, January 15, 2014 3:35 PM
    Wednesday, January 15, 2014 3:35 PM

All replies