none
Silent installation of Teamviewer

Question

• Hello,

i am still looking for a silent installation of Teamviewer using MDT 2012.

/s is not enough.

Anybody with a full option?

Thx

Thursday, January 10, 2013 2:14 PM

Answers

• I think the s in the switch may need to be uppercase can you please try TeamViewer_,exe /S and let me know if that works?
    • Marked as answer by Mvd12345 Thursday, January 10, 2013 3:38 PM
    Thursday, January 10, 2013 3:04 PM

All replies

• The following works for me using MDT 2012 installing it onto windows 7. This is Teamviewer version 7.

msiexec /i Teamviewer.msi /s /qn

Which version are you trying to install? Also are you using the exe or the msi version?

Thursday, January 10, 2013 2:20 PM
  • I am using Teamviewer 8 on windows 8.

I don`t have a .msi for teamviewer 8.

Do you have an option for this version?

Thx

Thursday, January 10, 2013 2:23 PM
  • Do you have a license  with teamviewer or are you using the free version? If you have license you can download the msi from the downloads section which will make deployment much easier.

http://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/msi.aspx?version=8

If not you can try this.

Download the program (preferably the latest version) ..or ..if you have it on your hard drive , open it... (AND LET IT OPEN! DO NOT CLOSE OR INSTALL THE APLICATION. JUST DUBLE-CLICK IT!!)
    Then , go to C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp. There you'll see a folder called TeamViewer. Open that folder. Inside you'll have 2 files. Teamviewer.exe and tvinfo.ini
    Copy the Teamviewer from that folder and paste wherever you want. After this you can close the other application. 
    With the new teamviewer.exew which you copyed from the temp folder , u can run it sillently. Use the /S Switch. Works with WPI also. 

Thursday, January 10, 2013 2:28 PM
  • Hello Oliver,

in need a solution for the free version!

Thx

Thursday, January 10, 2013 2:32 PM
  • I just edited the post above please try that and let me know if you need further help.
    Thursday, January 10, 2013 2:33 PM
  • Hello Oliver,

i have tried that option with that file AND /s   --> TeamViewer_.exe /s

This will result in :

So..the silent switch /s is not working.

Thursday, January 10, 2013 2:57 PM
  • I think the s in the switch may need to be uppercase can you please try TeamViewer_,exe /S and let me know if that works?
    Thursday, January 10, 2013 3:04 PM
  • Yes!

/S is working.

Thx.

Do you kill the application after this setup? The application is open after this installation.

• Unmarked as answer by Mvd12345 Thursday, January 10, 2013 3:38 PM
    Thursday, January 10, 2013 3:11 PM
  • Yes just add an extra line to the batch file and you should be fine.
    Thursday, January 10, 2013 3:19 PM
  • http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb491009.aspx This post should help you with that. If you have further problems just ask.
    Thursday, January 10, 2013 3:23 PM
  • Thx!
    Thursday, January 10, 2013 3:38 PM
  • try www.fasttrackscript.com/teamviewer - you can repackage the exe inside a script, kill the process and generate an msi file
    Friday, November 01, 2013 12:57 PM
  • It has to be a BIG S, otherwise it doesn't work. See my post further up for another solution
    Friday, November 01, 2013 12:58 PM
  • here is to much here are many commands for application switches http://blogs.itpro.es/octaviordz/2013/10/28/encontrando-los-switches-para-mis-aplicaciones-en-mdt-2013/

Freelance-IT http://www.freelance-it.com.mx

Sunday, November 03, 2013 12:03 AM
  • I have been creating silent installations for over a year, I would have never thought about testing a failed switch in caps.

Your solution worked, Thanks

Thursday, March 27, 2014 4:04 AM
  • Sorry for the dumb question, but has anyone been able to bundle that up so when it downloads it runs? My customers aren't very savy and it's difficult to get them to do anything other than download it.

Computer Dr Breaking Crap then fixing it back since 1990

Monday, June 09, 2014 4:28 PM