none
Can you Save SSIS package to Sql Server from memory stream instead of File Path

Question

• SQL 2008 R2, BIDS 2008

I have a dstx file on the file system. It does not contain any sensitive data (passwords). We have a utility program that allows the entry of AS400 connection userid and password. The connection is tested and then the dtsx is updated with the userid and password. then Microsoft.SQLServer.Dts.Runtime - Application class - SaveToSqlServerAs is used to deploy the package. app.SaveToSqlServerAs(packagefile, Nothing, dtsxpath, servername, Nothing, Nothing).

I would like not to have to update a file with the userid and password. Woudl rather read in the XML file in memmory and make the changes there. But is there a way to Save the package to Sql Server from memory instead of the file system?

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 7:18 PM

All replies

• I would not go about this the way you are. Why is the password and username not entered into an SSIS configuration(either XML or a database table)?. This way when you update the username and password the package looks to the configuration and doesn't need to change at all. You can read more here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms141682.aspx
    Tuesday, August 06, 2013 8:53 PM
  • Thanks for you suggestion. But our process works a certain way for a certain reason. Configurations are not an option. Is there a way to Save the package to Sql Server from memory instead of the file system?
    Tuesday, August 06, 2013 9:08 PM