none
delegate disclaimer content modification for one rule

Question

• I spent a few hours trying to achieve this. Unfortunately i failed and come here for help :

1. I can't find a way of creating a management scope containing one transport rule. What kind of filter to use ? A recipient ? A server ? And to filter on transport rule ?

2. I tried creating a management role (child of builtin management role "transport rules"), letting the parameters "applyHtmlDisclaimer" the only available parameter in the set-transportrule roleEntry and removing any other delete-/new-/write-/set- roleEntry. Still the disclaimer remains non editable in ecp for the user. Is there other attribute mandatory for any modification ?

The goal for all this is to allow some departements chiefs to change anytime they want/need the disclaimer added at the end of their departement employees mails, and only their rule, and only the text, not any other parameter. Thanks you.

Saturday, December 21, 2013 2:07 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The procedure that you use to create a disclaimer is the same procedure used to create a transport rule. It's possible to apply multiple disclaimers to a single e-mail message. If a message matches more than one transport rule, and a disclaimer action is configured on each transport rule, the transport rule applies each disclaimer action to the message.

Here is an article which can help you to understand how to configure a disclaimer for your reference.

Configure a Disclaimer: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd876914(v=exchg.141).aspx

After creating a disclaimer, users can add their personal information into this disclaimer. To complete this, we can do the following:

1. Log on OWA and click in Options, then users will receive the ECP page.
    2. Choose Account and click Edit to change their personal information. These data will be added to the disclaimer.

Related article for your reference.

Using Disclaimer in Exchange Server 2010: http://www.msexchange.org/articles-tutorials/exchange-server-2010/migration-deployment/using-disclaimer-exchange-server-2010.html

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Belinda

Belinda Ma
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 23, 2013 8:29 AM
  • Hi,

For the question: "How to create such a management scope ?"

Based on my knowledge, I'm afraid there is no way to create a management scope containing only one transport rule. However, as what Lrok mentioned above, we can designate a person and ask him to do the modifications.

For the question: "Are there any mandatory parameters to be left in the roleentries more than thre disclaimer text so the text is editable via ecp ?"

Users need to have the required "Transport Rules Role" to edit the disclaimer via ECP. Please refer to the "Transport Rules Role" entry in the Management Roles Assigned to This Role Group topic.

I tested in my lab:
    1. Created a new role group named "Transport Rules Role", then added the Transport Rules role to this role group.
    2. After that, I added an user to this role group.
    3. Logged on OWA using that user account and click on Options, then the user received the ECP page.
    4. Edited the disclaimer and saved successfully.

Thanks for kindest understanding.

Best regards,
    Belinda

Belinda Ma

Wednesday, December 25, 2013 4:34 AM

All replies

• in order to create and edit transport rule, users need to have "Exchange Organization Administrator role", you can delegate the people to this role, but personally i don't recommend users to have "Exchange Organization Administrator role", you can designate a person and ask him to do the modifications. you can use recipient or distribution whatever matches to your requirement.

tnx

Lrok

• Edited by Lrok Sunday, December 22, 2013 1:49 AM edit
    Sunday, December 22, 2013 1:48 AM
  • Hi,

The procedure that you use to create a disclaimer is the same procedure used to create a transport rule. It's possible to apply multiple disclaimers to a single e-mail message. If a message matches more than one transport rule, and a disclaimer action is configured on each transport rule, the transport rule applies each disclaimer action to the message.

Here is an article which can help you to understand how to configure a disclaimer for your reference.

Configure a Disclaimer: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd876914(v=exchg.141).aspx

After creating a disclaimer, users can add their personal information into this disclaimer. To complete this, we can do the following:

1. Log on OWA and click in Options, then users will receive the ECP page.
    2. Choose Account and click Edit to change their personal information. These data will be added to the disclaimer.

Related article for your reference.

Using Disclaimer in Exchange Server 2010: http://www.msexchange.org/articles-tutorials/exchange-server-2010/migration-deployment/using-disclaimer-exchange-server-2010.html

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Belinda

Belinda Ma

Monday, December 23, 2013 8:29 AM
  • Thanks for your answer, but i got misunderstood. I know how to create a transport rule to have disclaimer. I use several transport rules to add several disclaimers depending on who sends the mail.

What i need to achieve is to delegate the edition of only one transport rule, that would apply to multiple users, like an entity disclaimer periodically changed by the entity itself. So i need to create a managementscope to reduce the defaul scope used by the builtin role "transport rules".

More precisely i would need to delegate only the change of disclaimertext (applyHtmlDisclaimer parameter if i'm right).

So finally :

1. How to create such a management scope ?

2. Are there any mandatory parameters to be left in the roleentries more than thre disclaimer text so the text is editable via ecp ?

Tuesday, December 24, 2013 12:42 AM
  • Hi,

For the question: "How to create such a management scope ?"

Based on my knowledge, I'm afraid there is no way to create a management scope containing only one transport rule. However, as what Lrok mentioned above, we can designate a person and ask him to do the modifications.

For the question: "Are there any mandatory parameters to be left in the roleentries more than thre disclaimer text so the text is editable via ecp ?"

Users need to have the required "Transport Rules Role" to edit the disclaimer via ECP. Please refer to the "Transport Rules Role" entry in the Management Roles Assigned to This Role Group topic.

I tested in my lab:
    1. Created a new role group named "Transport Rules Role", then added the Transport Rules role to this role group.
    2. After that, I added an user to this role group.
    3. Logged on OWA using that user account and click on Options, then the user received the ECP page.
    4. Edited the disclaimer and saved successfully.

Thanks for kindest understanding.

Best regards,
    Belinda

Belinda Ma

Wednesday, December 25, 2013 4:34 AM
  • Hello,

Come back and mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

I'm marking the reply as answer as there has been no update for a couple of days.
    If you come back to find it doesn't work for you, please reply to us and unmark the answer.

Cara Chen

Friday, January 03, 2014 8:13 AM