none
Scheduled Task won't run .bat File on Windows Server 2003

Question

• Hi,

I have a bach file that I am trying to setup on Scheduled Task and it will not run from Scheduled Task.  I runs and works great manually but when I try to run it from Scheduled Task under Status it has Could not start.  I have it running with Admin Rights. The directory where Run: C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe D:\"dir where fille is located"\"then the filename", in the Start in:  I have the path of the dir: D:\dir where the file is located.  And it still will not run.  Any ideas?

Thursday, July 25, 2013 7:31 PM

Answers

• If the job connects to another machine you may need to add the user/ group 'logon as batch job' rights (server side). Control Panel|Admin Tools|Local Security Policy\Local Policies\User Rights Assignments
    "Log on as a batch job"

If the task completes but the job does not then there is a problem in the job itself. Remember that if it involves network resources to make sure the user account has permissions to the resources and also use UNC paths as mapped drives won't natively exist when no one is logged on.

Also check the logs for clues.

Scheduled Tasks|Advanced|View Log

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Friday, July 26, 2013 2:07 AM