none
Moving serverfolder failed after processing part of it

Question

• Since the harddisk on which the Client Computer Backups are stored is nearly full, a new 2TB hd (raid1) was installed and formated. I used the SBS wizard to move the folder 'Client Computer Backups'. The moving started, but failed after approx. 11%. This behaviour remained the same on several runs, varying only in the extent of finished percentage.

i found no comparable problems in the blogs - any suggestions would be appreciated!

Martin

Monday, March 17, 2014 9:50 AM

Answers

• Hi Martin,

Would you please let us know the error message that you can get, when the Move Folder Wizard was stopped unexpectedly? Did you temporarily disable all Client Computer Backup and related services, then remove this folder via Move Folder Wizard?

Meanwhile, when “Choose a new location for the folder” option was appeared in Move Folder Wizard, please choose other New Location (not this new hard disk). Please check if this issue still persists. It may help us to check if there issue was occurred in the hard disk.

In addition, you can use Process Monitor to check what happened, when the Move Folder Wizard was stopped unexpectedly.

By the way, please navigate to Event Viewer and check Application log. Then check if you can find some clues.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Justin Gu

Thursday, March 20, 2014 7:14 AM

All replies

• Have you checked any of the log files?

Robert Pearman SBS MVP
    itauthority.co.uk | Title(Required)
    Facebook | Twitter | Linked in | Google+

Monday, March 17, 2014 10:38 AM
  • Edited: 

I found the in the TechNet cited logs

- Dashboard.log

- storageservice.log

For what exactly should I look?

Martin

Hi robert,

where do I find the relevant logfiles?

Martin

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 3:17 PM
  • Hi Martin,

Would you please let us know the error message that you can get, when the Move Folder Wizard was stopped unexpectedly? Did you temporarily disable all Client Computer Backup and related services, then remove this folder via Move Folder Wizard?

Meanwhile, when “Choose a new location for the folder” option was appeared in Move Folder Wizard, please choose other New Location (not this new hard disk). Please check if this issue still persists. It may help us to check if there issue was occurred in the hard disk.

In addition, you can use Process Monitor to check what happened, when the Move Folder Wizard was stopped unexpectedly.

By the way, please navigate to Event Viewer and check Application log. Then check if you can find some clues.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Justin Gu

Thursday, March 20, 2014 7:14 AM
  • c:\program files\windows small business server\logs\movedata.log

anything?

Best,

Howtodo

Thursday, March 20, 2014 3:03 PM